Let me wish everyone a Very Happy New Year with this airy , fluffy and a spongy Hokkaido Chiffon Cupcakes .This is my first recipe post for this year . Like this delicious Cupcakes , hope this year be sweet and smooth for everyone .
These Cuties are super soft , mild in sweet and i bet you'll go for the second round . They are not like usual cakes . They don't require butter , baking soda or baking powder . Infact the amount of sugar used in the cupcake is lesser than usual , so they are filled with Custard in the center to equalize the sweetness .
I actually half'd the recipe as there is only 2 people at home and i don't want to waste anything . This recipe made three 3 Cupcakes . You can double the recipe if you want more cupcakes.
All Purpose Flour - 1/4 Cup
Jumbo Egg - 1 ( Room Temp )
Oil - 1 1/2 TBLS
Milk - 2 TBLS
Vanilla Paste - 1/2 TSP
Sugar - 2 TBLS
For Filling :
Heavy Whipping Cream - 1/3 Cup
Icing Sugar - 1 1/2 TBLS
Custard Powder - 1 TSP
For Garnishing :
For the Cake:
- Pre-Heat the oven at 350F.
- Align the cupcake liners in the muffin tray .
- Separate the egg yolk from the egg white.
- Beat the egg whites till the stiff peaks . Keep that aside.
- In a bowl , Add flour , sugar , oil , milk , vanilla paste and the egg yolk . Beat everything together till the sugar dissolves . ( It takes couple of minutes)
- When the smooth batter is formed , Add the whipped egg white mixture and gently fold in one direction. It takes a minute to mix everything . Do not over fold .
- Fill the Cupcakes 3/4th full and bake it for 15- 18 minutes .
- Once it is done allow it to cool completely in a wire rack before filling and decorating it.
For the Filling :
- Whisk the Whipping Cream till the stiff peaks. Add Vanilla paste and icing sugar and mix.
- Keep Half the Whipping cream separately and in the other half add the custard powder and mix it .
- Fill the creams in two piping bags .
How to decorate the Cupcakes:
- In the center of the cupcakes squeeze in the Custard filling .
- Pipe some Fresh cream on top of the cupcakes and sprinkle few chocolate chips on top of it.
- Sift the flour to make sure there is no lumps in it.
- Do not over beat or over fold the batter as it tends to harden the cakes.
- When whisking egg whites to stiff peaks remember :
* To do it on a clean , grease free , water free bowl .
* To do it over a bowl of ice water .
* You could add Cream of Tartar ( i actually omitted it from the recipe ).
- I used Custard as filling , you could use any filling as your wish .
Thank You +Shazia Wahid from Cutchi Kitchen for Choosing this wonderful recipe for this month's challenge on International Food Challenge . Learnt lots of new things about Hokkaido Cuisines. Linking it to +Shobana Sekar and +Saraswathi Tharagaram too .
Linking it to other linky parties too
Monday - Mix it up Monday, The Scoop, Made with love Monday, Marvelous Mondays @ This Gal Cooks , Inspire me monday , inspiration monday , cooking for seven dwarfs
Tuesday - Totally Tasty Tuesday @ Mandy's Recipe Box, , Show Me What You Got @ Our Delightful Home , Tasty Tuesday @ Anyonita Nibbles, Tuesday's Table @ Love in the Kitchen,
Wednesday -Buns in the oven , Lady behind the curtain , Wined down wednesday, Wonderful food wednesday ,Show and share wednesday , The wednesday roundup , Weekend Retreat , Delish Dessert Party