Home made crackers and cookies ( mostly anything homemade ) are always better than the store bought , We can adjust the spices and flavors as we want .Most importantly less expensive . The crackers i made was with Oats ( Not a health Freak Though :P) , It was healthy and delicious . I mostly added all the Indian spices.
Oats - 2 Cups
Wheat Flour - 1/4 Cup
Olive Oil - 1/4 Cup
Baking powder - 1 TSPN
Milk / Water - 1/4 Cup ( little extra if the dough is dry)
Salt - 1 TSPN ( For taste)
Cumin Seeds - 1/4 TSPN
Fennel seeds - 1/4 TSPN
Pepper Corns - 1/2 TSPN
Dried Red Chillies - 3
Parsley - 2 TBLSP (Optional)
1.Grind the one and half cup of oats finely and other half Coarsely.
2. Dry Roast the Cumin Seeds, Pepper Corns , Dried Red Chili and grind it.
3.Mix the Grounded oats along with wheat flour , Salt , Baking Powder , Dried Parsley and grounded seasoning.
4. Add Milk until it forms a dough .
5. Roll out the dough real thin ( Probably 1/8 inch thick ) in a floured surface .
6. Cut it with a cookie cutter or with a knife to square or what ever shape you want.
7. Place it in a baking tray and bak it in a pre heated oven for 10 - 15 minutes @ 400F.
8. Once it is baked transfer to a wire rack and allow it to cool for 10 minutes.
9. Store it in a air tight box.
Notes - If you are a Vegan you can probably omit milk and add water.
If the dough dries out , add drop or two water and knead it .
I got around 80 Crackers and was over the next day.