When ever i go to the mall near by house , i buy these warm sugar and cinnamon coated Churros w/ Chocolate Sauce. They are made fresh every time .The shop that sell Churros is always crowded . The whole area smell so good with the flavor of cinnamon and I love the free sample they give .
This was the first time i had made Churros at home .It was really fun making it . Anything homemade is always fresh and tasty than the store bought . When friends are over to your place , Kids parties , Movie nights this can be a great snack / sweet .
I should definitely thank +Preeti Garg from Simly Tadka for suggesting Churros for this months Challenge on Sweet Fantasy Club.
For Churros :
All Purpose Flour - 1/2 Cup
Olive oil - 1 TBLS
Water - 1/2 Cup
Salt - A Pinch
Oil - To fry
Sugar - 1 TSP + to sprinkle
Cinnamon - to sprinkle ( Optional , i didn't use them )
For Chocolate Sauce :
Good Quality Chocolate Chips - 1/2 Cup
Cream - 1/3 Cup
To make Churros:
- In a saucepan , over a medium heat , combine water , flour , sugar , salt and vegetable oil .
- Bring the mixture to boil , Using a wooden spoon keep stirring to make sure there is no lumps forming . Remove from heat .
- Keep stirring til it forms a ball. ( Like we do for eclairs )
- Put the dough in a piping bag with a star tip .
- Mean while heat the oil .
- Mix sugar and cinnamon in a zip lock bag and keep aside.
- When the oil is nice and hot , pipe the dough for about 3 to 4 inches long .
- Using a scissor , Cut the piped dough to release to the hot oil .
- Fry the Churros till they turn golden brown. Rotate the churros to make sure they are fried evenly .
- Transfer the churros into paper towels , Drain the excess oil from it .
- When they are warm , add them into the ziplock bag and give it a quick shake .
- Put it in a air tight box for later use.
To make the Chocolate Sauce:
- Boil the heavy cream in a saucepan . Pour it over the chocolate . Allow it to sit for couple of minutes and stir it till the chocolate melts .
- If you feel the dough is too tight for piping add a little water ( probably a teaspoon ) and loosen the dough .( That is what i did ).
- Do not add too much of water to loosen out the dough because if the dough is too watery Churros will be really oily .
- Make sure the dough is cooled down before putting it in the piping bag .
- I used milk chocolate for the chocolate sauce . You can use any chocolate of your choice.
When i was making them i reserved few churros without adding sugar . I sprinkled some salt , pepper and paprika . Oh yum that was great too . Try the spicy version too .
Monday - Mix it up Monday, The Scoop, Made with love Monday, Marvelous Mondays @ This Gal Cooks , Inspire me monday , Make the scene monday , Inspiration Monday ,cooking for seven dwarfs , Much Ado about monday , Craft - o-Maniac monday , Made by you monday
Tuesday - Totally Tasty Tuesday @ Mandy's Recipe Box, , Show Me What You Got @ Our Delightful Home , Tasty Tuesday @ Anyonita Nibbles, Tuesday's Table @ Love in the Kitchen, Handmade tuesday , In and Out of kitchen
Wednesday -Buns in the oven , Lady behind the curtain , Wined down wednesday, Wonderful food wednesday ,Show and share wednesday , The wednesday roundup , Weekend Retreat , Delish Dessert Party