Thursday, January 23, 2014

Eggless Churros with Chocolate Sauce .


When ever i go to the mall near by house , i buy these warm sugar and cinnamon coated Churros  w/ Chocolate Sauce. They are made fresh every time .The shop that sell Churros is always crowded . The whole area smell so good with the flavor of cinnamon and I love the free sample they give .

This was the first time i had made Churros at home .It was really fun making it .  Anything homemade is always fresh and tasty than the store bought . When friends are over to your place , Kids parties , Movie nights this can be a great snack / sweet .



I should definitely thank +Preeti Garg from Simly Tadka for suggesting Churros for this months Challenge on Sweet Fantasy Club.



Ingredients :

For Churros :

All Purpose Flour - 1/2 Cup
Olive oil - 1 TBLS
Water - 1/2 Cup
Salt - A Pinch 
Oil - To fry 
Sugar -  1 TSP + to sprinkle
Cinnamon - to sprinkle  ( Optional , i didn't use them )

For Chocolate Sauce :

Good Quality Chocolate Chips - 1/2 Cup
Cream - 1/3 Cup



Instructions:

To make Churros:
  • In a saucepan , over a medium heat , combine water , flour , sugar , salt and  vegetable oil .
  • Bring the mixture to boil , Using a wooden spoon keep stirring to make sure there is no lumps forming . Remove from heat .
  • Keep stirring til it forms a ball. ( Like we do for eclairs )
  • Put the dough in a piping bag with a star tip .
  • Mean while heat the oil  .
  • Mix sugar and cinnamon in a zip lock bag  and keep aside.
  • When the oil is nice and hot , pipe the dough for about 3 to 4 inches long . 
  • Using a scissor , Cut the piped dough to release to the hot oil .
  • Fry the Churros till they turn golden brown.  Rotate the churros to make sure they are fried evenly .
  • Transfer the churros into paper towels , Drain the excess oil from it .
  • When they are warm , add them into the ziplock bag and give it a quick shake .
  • Put it in a air tight box for later use.
To make the Chocolate Sauce:

  • Boil the heavy cream in a saucepan . Pour it over the chocolate . Allow it to sit for couple of minutes and stir it till the chocolate melts .


Notes:

  • If you feel the dough is too tight for piping add a little water ( probably a teaspoon ) and loosen the dough .( That is what i did ).
  • Do not add too much of water to loosen out the dough because if the dough is too watery Churros will be really oily .
  •  Make sure the dough is cooled down before putting it in the piping bag .
  • I used milk chocolate for the chocolate sauce . You can use any chocolate of your choice.


When i was making them i reserved few churros without adding sugar . I sprinkled some salt , pepper and paprika . Oh yum that was great too . Try the spicy version too .


17 comments:

  1. Delicious crispy churros, perfectly made dear :) lovely presentation !!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've had Churros in restaurants esp during my travel venture. I am loving the simple way of making it. Its a must try for the crispiness and yes, I've jotted down the ingredients.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Churros looks super tasty. Like eat with a cup of coffee. A always Shey nice photography too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These look very good indeed!I've seen nigella make them on tv.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Will definitely try the churros recipe,thank you...love the idea of a spicy version !

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you so much for the churros recipe! Will be trying it this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. hearing this for the first time,looks so yum n crispy

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just love Churros and your Chocolate Sauce looks delicious! Thank you so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday and hope you have a great weekend!
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete
  9. So the trick to good chocolate sauce is cream! I had no idea. Makes sense though!! Your churro's look soooooo yummy!!!
    :)
    Have a happy week!!
    hugs x, Crystelle
    Crystelle Boutique

    ReplyDelete
  10. These churros look perfect! I love fried dough (of almost any kind) and dusted with cinnamon sugar and dipped in chocolate - oh yum!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This look just DELICOIUS! I have fond memories of eating churros when I was little as a treat, but it's awesome to see it done eggless! I love it, and it caught my eye at Craft Dictator's "Tasty Tuesday"--I had to stop by!

    I would love it if you stopped by our Facebook page, and said "hello!"
    https://www.facebook.com/OurMiniFamily

    Your fan,
    ~Cathy Mini
    ourminifamily.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love churros! Never tried making it though, so I'll give this recipe a try - it sounds pretty easy :) Thanks for sharing it.

    I found your blog via the Hearth & Soul Hop this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. These look lovely, and I cannot believe they are eggless! I see they were added to Tea Time Treats, is that right, as I cannot see the link here! THANKS so much! Karen

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for linking up at Sweet and Savoury Sunday. They look so good, I love things like this.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks for linking up at Sweet and Savoury Sunday. The looks lovely, I love things like this!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is amazing!! Churros are my weakness, but adding chocolate...heart be still! So so so good!!!

    ReplyDelete