French always have some love for ( flour , butter , cream , sugar , chocolates , eggs ) = desserts . Most of the french desserts are unique , simple yet delicious. Crème Au Chocolat is one classic dessert which was invented by french . It is quite similar to chocolate mousse . Crème Au Chocolat is a baked version of Chocolate mousse , that is the Simple way i could explain about this dessert .
This dessert is light , airy , creamy , chocolaty ... ( I could actually keep on describing ).
Thank you +Priya Suresh for the nice french dessert recipe . This time on Home Bakers Challenge , members were actually exploring French cuisines . I managed to complete three out of four . I had book marked the left out recipe ( Faluche du Nord ) and will do it when time permits .
I used the same ingredients as +Priya Suresh mention but i didn't follow the exact measurements. I used my own. But it turned out to be perfect .
The recipe below will be enough for 2 people ( if you use smaller sized Ramekins) . I used a Medium Ramekins and two of us shared it.
Cream - 1/3 Cup
Milk Chocolate chips - 1/3 Cup - ( you can use semi sweet chocolate / dark chocolate )
Milk - 1/3 Cup
Egg yolk - 1
Vanilla - 1/4 Tsp
- Boil the milk and cream in a medium heat .
- Meanwhile , Mix the yolk and vanilla paste till the yolk turns into creamy and buttery in color. Keep that aside.
- When the cream mixtures comes to the boiling stage , take off the heat , add the chocolate chips and let it sit for a minute . Then stir it till the chocolate is completely melted .
- Meanwhile Preheat the oven at 350 F and Boil some water in the kettle /Stove.
- Now this is the important stage where we are going to be in action for two minutes at a stretch . We are going to use both the hands . One hand is going to pour the chocolate mixture into the yolk where the other hand is going to whisk it vigorously . If you think this stage is not important then you will end up eating Chocolate Egg Scramble.
- Pour the water in the baking tray . Keep the Ramekins in the tray . Pour the chocolate mixture into Ramekins and bake for 30 minutes.
- Allow it to cool completely . Cling wrap it and refrigerate it for couple of hours or over night .
- Garnish it and serve .
Anyone who wants to dig into it ??????????? You are Welcome !!!!
- Original recipe called for Dark chocolate and sugar . As i am not a big fan of dark chocolate i used milk chocolate and omitted the sugar .
- If you are going to use Dark chocolate , add sugar to the yolk and mix it completely and proceed with the recipe.
- Do not bake it more than the time mentioned , as it might effect the taste and the texture .
- Make sure the eggs are in room temperature
- Once it is baked , you might feel that the dessert is not baked in the middle . But after you refrigerate it It will be just OK.
Monday - Mix it up Monday, The Scoop, Made with love Monday, Marvelous Mondays @ This Gal Cooks , Inspire me monday , Make the scene monday , Inspiration Monday ,cooking for seven dwarfs , Much Ado about monday , Craft - o-Maniac monday , Made by you monday
Tuesday - Totally Tasty Tuesday @ Mandy's Recipe Box, , Show Me What You Got @ Our Delightful Home , Tasty Tuesday @ Anyonita Nibbles, Tuesday's Table @ Love in the Kitchen, Handmade tuesday , In and Out of kitchen
Wednesday -Buns in the oven , Lady behind the curtain , Wined down wednesday, Wonderful food wednesday ,Show and share wednesday , The wednesday roundup , Weekend Retreat , Delish Dessert Party
Friday - Freedom Friday , foodie friday , pin junki , foodtastic friday , weekend wonders , friday food frenzy , weekend potluck , play party pin , Fantastic Friday
Sunday - sunday sharing pinterest party