These French Shortbread biscuits are so addictive and they just melts in the month . In a way they are healthy because there is no eggs , no baking powder , no baking soda or any artificial colors. Another twist i had given in the biscuit is , they are made out of whole wheat flour . Flavor of vanilla and butter enhances the taste of these yummy , crunchy sables .
I baked these Sables thrice ( small batching as i always prefer) in a week because they kept vanishing when ever i baked . They were actually divine .
Thank you +Priya Suresh for this lovely recipe . If i were not a member of Home Bakers Challenge , i would have definitely missed baking lovely baked goodies.
You just need only 6 ingredients for this delicious sables. Lets get to the recipe.
Whole Wheat Flour - 1/2 Cup
All purpose flour - 1/2 Cup
Salted Butter - 1/2 Cup ( Cold)
Icing Sugar - 1/4 Cup
Vanilla Paste / Vanilla essence - 1/2 TSP
Milk - 1/2 (+ /-)TSP ( Cold )
Instructions: ( My way ):
- Mix all the dry ingredients together in a bowl .
- Add the cold butter and vanilla and mix it as you do it for pie crust . ( Do not knead )
- Lastly milk . Mix it till you form a dough . ( Just mix , do not knead )
- Refrigerate it for 15 minutes and you are ready to go.
- Preheat the oven at 350F.
- Aline the baking tray with baking sheet.
- Roll the dough , using a preferred cookie cutter , cut the cookies.
- Place it in the Baking tray.
- bake the cookies for 15 - 18 minutes.
- Cool the cookies in a wire rack.
- Store them in a air tight box.
- Mixing all the ingredients together is my way . I feel this is easy yet the taste is going to be the same. In case if you prefer the traditional way go ahead using the same recipe.
- If you don't prefer using hand for mixing , you the hand mixer , but remember not to over beat . We just need to mix the ingredients that's all.
- Baking time depends on the thickness of the cookies too . Depending on the thickness of your cookies set the time .
- The dough will look like it needs more milk , but once you refrigerate it it will be just fine . ( like pie crust )
- Even after refrigerate , if the dough needs milk ,and drop by drop and milk .
Monday - Mix it up Monday, The Scoop, Made with love Monday, Marvelous Mondays @ This Gal Cooks , Inspire me monday , Make the scene monday , Inspiration Monday ,cooking for seven dwarfs , Much Ado about monday , Craft - o-Maniac monday , Made by you monday
Tuesday - Totally Tasty Tuesday @ Mandy's Recipe Box, , Show Me What You Got @ Our Delightful Home , Tasty Tuesday @ Anyonita Nibbles, Tuesday's Table @ Love in the Kitchen, Handmade tuesday
Wednesday -Buns in the oven , Lady behind the curtain , Wined down wednesday, Wonderful food wednesday ,Show and share wednesday , The wednesday roundup , Weekend Retreat
Friday - Freedom Friday , foodie friday , pin junki , foodtastic friday , weekend wonders , friday food frenzy , weekend potluck , play party pin , Fantastic Friday