Creme Brulee is a French dessert which consist of a rich custard base topped with contrasting layer of hard caramel. Hard Caramel can be made by sprinkling sugar on top of the Custard and using a blow torch the sugar is caramelized. Creme Brulee can be made in different flavors such as Vanilla , Lavender , Chocolate , Cinnamon , Coffee , Hazelnut and Coconut .
Creme Brulee was chosen for this month's challenge on Baking Eggless Group . Vimala Lakshmi of Cooking Club Suggested this recipe . Normally the members of Eggless Group have to replace eggs with some ingredient. This time we , the members have to replace eggs on custard .So i chose Corn flour instead of eggs. Brulee turned out to be perfect and Creamy .The Crust on top was the other task. Without a blow torch it was quite difficult to get a Hard Caramel.
It took soo long for the sugar on top of the Custard to get caramelized. The sides got caramelized so quickly. So i have to find a different way to caramelize the sugar , when i make brulee the next time .
Fresh Cream - 1 Cup
Milk - 1/2 Cup
Condense milk - 1/2 Cup
Vanilla Paste - 1 TSP
Corn Flour - 3 TBLS
Sugar - To Caramelize on Top
- Mix Corn flour with milk and keep aside.
- In a pan , heat the Fresh cream , condense milk and vanilla paste in a medium flame.
- Bring the fresh cream mixture to boil. Keep stirring the mixture.
- When it comes to boil , add the Milk-Corn flour mixture and keep stirring . Keep the flame in low.
- In couple of minutes , the custard mixture will thicken . ( The consistency should be thicker than the white sauce ).
- When it reaches dropping consistency .Take off the heat . Strain the Custard to make sure there is no lumps.
- Pout it in Ramekins or Baking dish.
- Preheat the oven at 200C.
- Fill a deep pan with 1/3rd of hot steaming water.
- Place the Ramekins in it .Bake it for 30 Minutes or till it sets hard.
- Once it is done allow it to cool . Cover it with a cling wrap and refrigerate it overnight .
- Before serving , Sprinkle the sugar over the set custard and broil it , till the sugar gets Caramelized.
All things christmas, , Lets cook christmas party food , Christmas and newyear recipes ,favorite recipes, Continental recipes , Krithi's kitchen , simply tadka
Tuesday - Totally Tasty Tuesday @ Mandy's Recipe Box, , Show Me What You Got @ Our Delightful Home , Tasty Tuesday @ Anyonita Nibbles, Tuesday's Table @ Love in the Kitchen, Buns in the oven , Lady behind the curtain ,
Wednesday -Wined down wednesday, Wonderful food wednesday ,Show and share wednesday , The wednesday roundup , Weekend Retreat