Its been 3 days since i had posted a recipe . Previous post was a Yummy Dessert Banoffee Pie . Its been ages since i had posted a rice Recipe. So here comes a Yummy Peas & Corn Rice. It also can be called as Pulav / Pulao . This rice is one of the easiest and simplest recipe ever. The peas and corn gives a light sweetness where as Cloves and Bay leaves gives a aromatic flavor to the rice. Cumin Seeds and Colander leaves gives unique taste to the rice. Over all this type of rice is a hit at any gathering.
Rice - 1 1/2 Cup ( I used Sona Masoori , you could even use Basmathi rice)
Peas - 1/2 Cup ( Frozen / Fresh)
Sweet Corn - 1/2 Cup ( Frozen / Fresh )
Cumin Seeds - 1 TSP
Coriander Leaves - 1/ 2 Cup
Sliced Onions - 1/4 Cup
Sliced Garlic - 3 cloves
Bay leaves - 3
Cloves - 4-5
Pepper Powder - 1/2 TSP
Salt to Taste
Oil / Ghee
- Pressure cook / Cook the rice added by Salt ,Bay leaves and Cloves .
- When the rice is ready allow it to cool completely .
- In a pan , heat the Oil / Ghee , Add Cumin seeds and saute for a minute. Then add sliced Onions and Garlic . Roast it till it turns brown.
- Then add Peas and Corn by adding salt and pepper for taste . Cook it for couple of minutes . It approximately takes 5-6 minutes .
- When the Peas and Corn are cooked , add the Coriander leaves and cook for one more minute .
- Lastly take off the heat . Add it in the cooked rice and toss it .
- Allowing the rice to cool completely will help during tossing the rice with out breaking .
- I used Frozen Peas & Corn . You could use fresh instead if it is available.
- To save some more time , You could microwave the corn and peas by adding little water and salt , then add to sauteed onions.
- Tossing the rice helps in two ways . One is , it avoids from breaking another is Peas and Corn will be evenly mixed with rice.
Linking the event to Simple tadka blog anniversary ,