Banoffee Pie is one of the easiest and quickest dessert i have ever made. It just took me 20 minutes maximum . This dessert had 4 layers starting from the crust , toffee , chopped banana , topped with whipped cream and garnished with Roasted Walnuts. Usually Crust is made of digestive biscuits but i made it with plain cornflakes . Trust me it tasted good.
Banoffee pie was chosen for this months Fusion dessert on Sweet Fantasy Club . To view the traditional dessert (Chum Chum ) on this series do click here .
For the Crust:
Plain Cornflakes : 1/2 Cup
Salted Butter - 1 TBLS ( Soften )
Honey - 2 TBLS
For Toffee Layer:
Condense milk - 1/3 Cup
Butter - 1 TSP
For Banana Layer :
Banana - 2
For Whipped Cream Layer:
Heavy Cream - 1/4 Cup
Icing Sugar - 2 Tsp
For the Crust :
- Add Cornflakes , Honey and butter in a mixer and grind it till everything is combined well.
For the Toffee:
- Heat a heavy bottom pan , Add the condense milk and cook till it turns golden brown . Lastly add the butter and stir it till everything is combines well.
For the Banana Layer :
- Slice the Banana . Add lime juice . Make sure to mix it well till all the pieces are coated with lime juice.
For Whipping Cream Layer:
- Whip the heavy cream by adding icing sugar till the stiff peaks. Place the heavy cream in a piping bag.
How to Assemble the Banoffee Pie: ( in a dessert bowl)
- Layer the dessert bowl with crushed cornflakes mixture. Press it to make sure the crust is even.
- Add the Toffee mixture and level it.
- Add chopped Banana's ( Make sure not to add the lime juice).
- Pipe the whipped cream on top of Sliced banana's.
- Garnish it with Nuts.
All things christmas, Lets cook for christmas , Lets cook christmas party food , Christmas and newyear recipes ,favorite recipes, Continental recipes , Krithi's kitchen
Monday - Mix it up Monday, The Scoop, Made with love Monday, Marvelous Mondays @ This Gal Cooks
Tuesday - Totally Tasty Tuesday @ Mandy's Recipe Box, , Show Me What You Got @ Our Delightful Home , Tasty Tuesday @ Anyonita Nibbles, Tuesday's Table @ Love in the Kitchen, Buns in the oven , Lady behind the curtain ,
Wednesday -Wined down wednesday, Wonderful food wednesday ,Show and share wednesday , The wednesday roundup , Weekend Retreat
Thursday - , Fantastic Thursday , Thriving on thursday , Full plate thursday ,
Friday - Freedom Friday , foodie friday , pin junki , foodtastic friday , weekend wonders , friday food frenzy , weekend potluck