Chum Chum is a traditional Bengali sweet. It is a variation of Rasgulla . Once the Rasgulla's are made they are cut in center , filled with Mawa and Nuts , garnished with Nuts on top . According to me Rasgulla's are more sweeter than Chum Chum . The stuffing in the Chum Chum equalizes the sweetness in it.
Chum Chum was chosen under traditional sweets for this month's Challenge on Sweet Fantasy Club . I really loved making everything from scratch . It was a perfect Dessert.
- Knead the Paneer for 8-10 minutes.At this stage you will feel the oil from paneer .
- Make equal size balls and keep aside.
- To make sugar syrup , add sugar and water in a heavy bottom pan. Cook it on high and allow the sugar to dissolve completely.
- When it is done , Add the Paneer balls in the sugar syrup , close it with a lid and cook it for another 10-15 minutes.
- At this stage you will notice the Paneer balls are double in size. Remove the lid , Cook it in the low flame for another 2 minutes and remove it from heat.
- Take the Chum Chum from sugar syrup and place it in a plate , allow it to cool down completely.
- Cut the Chum Chum in center and fill it with Milkmaid / Nuts / Mawa / Coconut Flakes .
- Garnish it with preferred Nuts on top and serve chilled.
- You could use store bought Canned Rasgulla's cut it in middle and fill it with Mawa/ Nuts /Condense milk for quick Chum chum .
- But making from scratch is more tasty than Canned Rasgulla's
- I used Roasted Hazel Nuts for filling and garnishing , you can use any nuts you prefer.