After posting about cauliflower crust pizza , i want to post a dessert recipe which is really light , easy to make and super fruity . In each spoon you could taste the goodness of pomegranate and freshness of ricotta and fresh cream . For the crunchiness i added some chopped Roasted Walnuts.
For the Jelly:
Fresh Pomegranate - 2 cups
Sugar - 1/4 cup ( depending on your taste )
Salt - Pinch
Lime Juice - few drops ( optional )
Water - 1/2 - 3/4 Cup ( depending on the juice you get from pomegranate)
Gelatin - 1 Pkt
Fresh Cream - 1/3 Cup
Ricotta cheese - 1/ 4 Cup
Icing Sugar - 2 TBLS (Optional)
Roasted Walnuts - Just for garnishing
How to make the Jelly:
- Blend the fresh pomegranate till the seeds are fully crushed.
- Using a Strainer , strain the juice twice or thrice to make sure there is no grounded pieces of seeds.
- In a saucepan ,Sprinkle the gelatin over the fresh pomegranate juice . Let it sit for couple of minutes until it blooms.
- Stir in the water , sugar , lime juice ,pinch of salt in the gelatin mixture and warm over low heat.( This process is to dissolve the sugar and the gelatin mixture , so do it in a mild heat ) .
- Once the sugar and the gelatin mixture is dissolved completely pour it in a heat proof bowl ( cling wrap the top of the bowl ) and allow it to set in the refrigerator .( It probably would take 3-4 hours )
How to combine Ricotta & Fresh Cream:
- Whip the fresh cream along with icing sugar till the soft peeks . keep that aside.
- In another bowl whip the ricotta cheese , just to loosen it up a little bit.
- Now add the whipped Fresh Cream mixture to the Ricotta Cheese mixture and gently fold it .
How to layer the Trifle:
- Spoon some jelly and place it in a dessert bowl . Following the jelly add some fresh cream mixture. Now keep doing alternately . Finally garnish it with mint leaves / Nuts / Fresh pomegranate .
- When dissolving the gelatin mixture make sure to do it in a mild heat.
- The amount of sugar added depends on my taste and the sweetness of pomegranate. You could add more/ lesser depending on your taste.
- Added icing sugar in the fresh cream is optional . I love it to be mild in sweet .
Mix it up Monday, The Scoop, Made with love Monday, Marvelous Mondays @ This Gal Cooks , Totally Tasty Tuesday @ Mandy's Recipe Box, , Show Me What You Got @ Our Delightful Home , Tasty Tuesday @ Anyonita Nibbles, Tuesday's Table @ Love in the Kitchen, Buns in the oven , Lady behind the curtain , Wined down wednesday, Wonderful food wednesday ,Show and share wednesday , The wednesday roundup , Weekend Retreat , Fantastic Thursday , Thriving on thursday , Full plate thursday , Freedom Friday , foodie friday , pin junki , foodtastic friday , weekend wonders , friday food frenzy , weekend potluck