Cauliflower Crust Pizza , Yup you heard it right ...I had book marked this recipe from Paula Deen's website very long time back. I was not pretty sure how it would taste , so never bothered to try it . If you are looking how to eat healthy food by reducing the starch in your daily meals this is one healthy way to start . Believe me you will not miss the flour base in this pizza. It tasted really good. When i showed interest to do a guest-post for +Razina Javed's Blog RaaaZzzfood , i wanted to do some unique baked dish as she asked for a baked treat. Sending this Recipe to RaaaZzzfood
I didnt exactly follow the recipe .I tweaked the recipe here and there. The topping for the Pizza was Chicken 65, Sliced Hungarian hot Chile Peppers and Grated Mozzarella . Crust is super thin but when you take a bite ,the flavors will just burst in your mouth.
For the Pizza Base:
Egg - 1
Grated Mozzarella - 1/2 Cup
Grated Cheddar - 1/2 Cup
Crushed Black pepper - 1/2 Tsp
Crushed Red chili - 1/2 Tsp
Dried Parsley - 1/2 Tsp
Salt - Per Taste
For the Base :
Tomato Sauce ( Recipe here) - you can use store bought too.
Chicken 65 -( Recipe yet to publish) - Or your favorite Topping.
Sliced Hungarian hot chili peppers - 1/2 Cup ( can you bell peppers)
For the Pizza Base:
- In a microwave safe bowl , add the grated cauliflower and microwave it for exactly 8 minutes.
- Allow it to cool . Then using a muslin cloth , squeeze it and drain the excess water from the cauliflower .
- Now mix all the ingredients in a bowl and form the base.
- The pizza base will not be doughy or elastic . It will break when holding . Do not worry about it. Once it is baked it will be fine.
- Preheat the oven at 350F. Spray non-stick spray on the tray you bake.
- Pat and spread the combined base to the thickness you want.
- Bake it for 10 - 15 minutes.
- Once it is baked , Spread the tomato sauce , top it with some chicken , peppers and cheese.
- Bake the pizza for another 10 minutes till the cheese is melted.
- Serve it warm
- I had added two variety of cheese for the base . That is 1/2 cup of Mozzarella and 1/2 cup of Cheddar . You could use 1 cup of mozzarella if you don't want to use cheddar.
- Do definitely use the non-stick spray as cheese sticks to the baking tray / pizza pan.
- You can use any topping you prefer .
Linking it to these Parties: