Sesame seed balls are an Indian sweet which is healthy , Nutritious and definitely Delicious . These Laddu's are Lord Ganesha's Favorite snack . They are favorite of my family and friends too .
Our Ancestors had some reason behind everything they did . In my culture , when a girl child
attend puberty , these kinds of sweets are given her to eat . ( i was given raw eggs with gingerly oil , Urud dal kali , Sesame seed laddu's , dates ) Even now , this culture is followed . The reason behind following this is to strengthen the body and to keep you fit during Menstrual cycles and pregnancies .
Fine lets get to the post .
+Preeti Garg from simply tadka had suggested Til Ke Laddu for this months challenge on Sweet Fantasy Club . Thank you for the recipe +Preeti Garg . This was the first time i had prepared this sweet and it turned out fantastic .
I used vellam / Sugar cane Jaggery , Sesame seeds , Cashew Nuts , Fresh Coconut Flakes and Ghee
Normally palm jaggery is used for these kinds of sweets as i didn't have one at home i used other jaggery
Now about the health / nutritional benefits of Palm Jaggery : High in B complex , Rich in Calcium & Iron , Cleansing agent for the body , helps in digestive problems , good for dry cough , normal cold , asthma , increases the hemoglobin level , purify blood , regulate liver functions ( Click here for more details ) .
Jaggery (powdered )- 1/3 Cup
Sesame Seeds - 1/3 Cup
Cashew Nuts - 1/3 Cup
Coconut Flakes - 1/3 Cup
Ghee - 2-3 TBLS
Cardamom powder - 1/2 TSP
- Dry Roast Sesame seeds , Cashew Nuts , Coconut Flakes separately .
- Once they are golden brown , keep off the heat , allow them to cool down completely .
- Coarsely Grind them separately and keep aside .
- Heat the non stick pan in a medium heat , Add the powdered jaggery .
- When the jaggery starts to melt , add ghee . Mix it thoroughly .
- Keep off the heat . Add all the grounded powders and cardamom powder and mix .
- When the mixture is warm , prepare them to small balls .
- Put them in a airtight box and store.
- Make the balls when the mixture is warm .
- If the mixture has cooled down , warm it up a little bit and make the laddu's.
- Still if you are not able to make laddu add some warm ghee .
Monday - Mix it up Monday, The Scoop, Made with love Monday, Marvelous Mondays @ This Gal Cooks , Inspire me monday , Make the scene monday , Inspiration Monday ,cooking for seven dwarfs , Much Ado about monday , Craft - o-Maniac monday , Made by you monday
Tuesday - Totally Tasty Tuesday @ Mandy's Recipe Box, , Show Me What You Got @ Our Delightful Home , Tasty Tuesday @ Anyonita Nibbles, Tuesday's Table @ Love in the Kitchen, Handmade tuesday
Wednesday -Buns in the oven , Lady behind the curtain , Wined down wednesday, Wonderful food wednesday ,Show and share wednesday , The wednesday roundup , Weekend Retreat , Delish Dessert Party