Kesari Rajbhog is a tradition Bengali Sweet. These Juicy Rasgullas are soaked in saffron flavored sugar syrup and they stuffed with dry fruits , nuts , mawa ( kova in tamil).They are so delicious and mouthwatering.
This recipe is adopted from Chef Sanjeev Kapoors website.
Fresh Paneer / Cottage Cheese - 250gm
APF - 1 TSP
Semolina - 1 TSP
Pistachios - 12-15
Almonds - 6-8
Kova - 3 TBLS
Cardamom powder - 1/2 TSP
Rose Syrup - 2 TSP
Sugar - 4-5 Cups
Saffron - 7-8 Strands
How to make Rasgullas:
- Knead the fresh paneer till it is smooth .
- Add flour and semolina and knead again and divide it into 12 equal potions.
- Blanch the Almonds and Pistachios , peel the skin and chop them fine.
- Now combine Kova , Cardamom powder , rose water and chopped nuts .
- Knead them and form a 12 equal size balls.
- Now stuff the kova in the potion of paneer and set aside.
How to Make saffron flavored Sugar Syrup:
- In a heavy bottom pan , combine sugar and 31/2 cups of water.
- Bring it to boil and make a thin sugar syrup.
- Add Saffron.
How to make Kesari Rajbhog:
- Gently add the stuffed paneer balls in the boiling sugar syrup.
- Cook it for four to five minutes in high heat.
- Again add quarter cup hot water and continue to cook on high heat till they are double in size.
- Remove from heat and keep them in enough amount of sugar syrup.
- Refrigerate and serve chilled
Linking it to Cooking with white at Merrytummy