For the month of October +nalini suresh was the host for Home Bakers Challenge. She had Chosen recipes which were apt for the season of Fall/ Halloween . They were really spooky ... We all enjoyed the recipes and it was really interesting seeing other co-bloggers posting their spooky dishes. As usual 4 recipes were given and we had to choose one among them. Thank you +nalini suresh and +Priya Suresh
Suggested 4 recipes were:
- Chocolate Glazed Pumpkin Cookies.
- Spooky Witches Finger.
- Halloween Whoopie Pies
- Ghostly Cupcakes.
I was so busy this month , so i chose the simple recipe Pumpkin Cookies. Both of us at home are not a big fan of pumpkins so i replaced it with Sweet potatoes and i never thought that it is going to be tasty , but it was. I am happy that i replaced it and tried a new recipe.
All purpose flour - 1 Cup
Baking Powder - 1/4 TSP
Baking Soda - 1/4 TSP
Butter - 1/4 Cup
Salt - a pinch
Sugar - 1/2 Cup
Egg - 1 Small
Cinnamon Powder -1/4 TSP
Sweet Potato Puree- 7.5 oz/ 1 Cup- 2 TBLS
How to make Sweet Potato Puree:
Take 2 medium sized sweet potatoes.
Strain the water.
Peel the skin and mash it.
How to make the cookies:
- Pre-heat the oven at 375 F.
- In a bowl mix all the dry ingredients - Flour , Salt , Baking Powder , Baking Soda and Cinnamon Powder.
- In another bowl using a hand beater , beat the butter and sugar till it is fluffy .
- Then add the egg and continue to beat till it is smooth.
- With the mixer on the slow speed ,add half the dry ingredients and the sweet potato puree and mix .
- Once it is combined add the other half the dry ingredients and mix.
- Lastly pipe or drop the batter in the baking sheet and bake it for 15 - 20 minutes till the cookies are golden brown.
- Rotate the sheet once when the cookies are baking.
- Transfer the cookies to the wire rack allow it to completely cool before decorating.
The cookies were soft , tender and had a cake like texture. It just melted in mouth.
Yeah i know these cookies doesn't look spooky but they are really apt for the Halloween.
Linking the cookies to my event " Lets Celebrate Halloween"