Fereni is a creamy and delicious Persian dessert which is made using rice flour , milk and rosewater as main ingredients. The Rosewater gives the intense flavor to the dessert and it is normally garnished with Pistachios . The dessert could be served either warm or cold . I personally like to be on a warm side. But Fereni is best when it is served chill .
For this month's challenge on International Food Challenge , +Savitha Ganesan was the host . She had chosen Persian Cuisine. Persian cuisine is really similar to Indian cooking . They widely use Rice , Turmeric and Saffron . Among suggested recipes from savitha's end , i chose Fereni which was little easy . Thank you +Saraswathi Tharagaram for the lovely group challenge .
Ingredients for this desserts are easily available . Still you can substitute with the ingredients too as i did.
Rice Flour - 1 1/2 TBSP
Whole Milk - 1 1/2 Cup
Rose Water - 1 1/4 TBSP
Sugar - 2 TBSP
Cashew and Almonds - For Garnishing
- In a bowl , combine milk , sugar and rice flour . Mix well using a Whisk .
- The mixture should be lump free .
- Place the bowl in the stove on medium heat and keep it whisking to make sure there is no lumps forming.
- Mixture will thicken in no time , so keep an eye on it.
- When the mixture is getting thicker add the rose water and allow it to get little more thicker.
- The pudding must be jelly like consistency .
- Pour it in the serving bowls . Garnish it with Nuts .
- Serve it warm or cold .
Monday - Mix it up Monday, The Scoop, Made with love Monday, Marvelous Mondays @ This Gal Cooks , Inspire me monday , Make the scene monday , Inspiration Monday ,cooking for seven dwarfs , Much Ado about monday , Craft - o-Maniac monday , Made by you monday
Tuesday - Totally Tasty Tuesday @ Mandy's Recipe Box, , Show Me What You Got @ Our Delightful Home , Tasty Tuesday @ Anyonita Nibbles, Tuesday's Table @ Love in the Kitchen, Handmade tuesday , simple supper tuesday
Wednesday -Buns in the oven , Lady behind the curtain , Wined down wednesday, Wonderful food wednesday ,Show and share wednesday , The wednesday roundup , Weekend Retreat