Its a Sri Lankan dish ,Pol in Sinhalese means Coconut. It is a type of Roti made out with All Purpose Flour , Shreaded Coconut , Butter , Salt , Green chillies , Karapincha ( Curry Leaves )and Onions . It goes well with any gravy veg or non veg . Mostly Sri Lankans eat it with Parippu curry ( Dhal Curry ) , Coconut Sambol , Katta Sambol , Lunu Miris Sambol , Chicken Curry the list goes on ..Most of the Sri lankans eat Roti atleast twice aweek. So lets see the Ingredients .
All Purpose Flour - 1 Cup
Shreaded Coconut - 1/4 Cup
Small Onions - 2 or 3 chopped well
Green chilli - 1 chopped well.
Salt - A Pinch or to taste.
Butter - 1 TBLSP
Curryleaves - 2-3 Chopped
Water - Lesser than 1/4 cup
1. Add all the ingredients except butter and water in a bowl.
2. Make sure salt is mixed well .
3. Then add Salt and combine well.
4. Lastly add water little by little.
5. The dough will not stick to your hands if it is right consistancy.
Incase the dough is sticky add flour and mix well.
Incase if it does not combine well add little more water.
Instead of water you can add milk too.