Oats - 1 Cup ( I used old fashioned Quaker oats)
Red Chillie - 1
Green Chilles - 2 Chop them
Onions - 1/4 Cup
Mustard seeds - 1/2 TSPN
Urud Dhal- 1 TSPN
Water - 1/2 to 3/4 Cup
Asafoetida - 1/4 TSPN
Lime Juice- 11/2 TSPN
Turmeric Powder - 1/4 TSPN
Salt - To Taste
Curry Leaves - 1/2 a string
Sesame Oil - 2 TSPN
1. In a pan , dry roast the oats till the color turns light golden brown and keep aside.
2. Heat the oil in a nonstick pan . Once the oil is hot , add the mustard seeds, allow it to splutter , then add urud dhal and red chillie. Allow it to turn brown .
3. Then add, onions green chillies and asafoetida , let it cook . while its cooking add the salt and turmeric. Atlast add the curry leaves.
4.Then add 1/2 cup of water at first. Let it boil for couple of minutes.
5.At this stage , add lime juice. Allow it to cook.
6. Add Oats and mix it well . Allow it to cook in a medium flame.Now add the remaining water and cloe the lid.
7. Serve it hot with Potato fry or pickle.
Notes - You can add Roasted Peanuts for the crunchiness.
Tagging the post with Let's cook for kids , Aadhidhyam , Gain popularity , Heartly and Healthy ,