I wanted to try something new with the oats , where my hubby and myself can eat . I know he doesn't like oats to eat it plain. So i try to add it in what ever i make . This time i tried Naan with Oats . Naan was soft and nice .I didn't get the flavor of oats itself in the Naan.
Oats- 1/2 Cup
All Purpose Flour - 3/4 Cup
Sugar - 1 TSPN
Yeast - 1/4 TSPN
Warm Water - 2 TBLSN
Yogurt - 3 TBLSN
Melted Butter- 1 TSPN ( Or Ghee)
Baking Powder- 1/4 TSPN
Salt - 1/4 TSPN
1. Grind the Oats into powder.
2. In a large bowl , mix the All Purpose Flour, grounded Oats , Yeast ,Sugar , Salt and Baking Powder.
3. In the blender Add all the liquid items , except the warm water and blend well.
4. Now add the blended liquid items to the flour mixture and start kneading.
5. Little by little add the warm water and knead well ,till the dough is slightly sticky.
6 . Cover it with a wet damp cloth and leave it in a warm place.
7.Allow it to rest for one hour or more before making the Naan.
8. Before you start working with the naan , dust some all purpose flour in the counter , so that the dough will not stick to the counter.
9 . Divide the dough into equal sized balls and roll it into round shape .
10. Put it in the hot dry tawa , Apply butter on top , once you see bubbles forming , turn it into otherside.
11. Eat it hot with some gravy ( I made sprouted green gram gravy to eat with Naan )
- The dough will not rise like as in usual naan recipe.
- Make sure the egg , butter and yogurt are in room tempreture.
- As i used Large A grade egg , i made sure i added water little by little as i dont add too much of
- If you are going to use a medium or small sized egg , you can probably add one more TSPN
- You can do the other way too , adding the yeast and sugar in warm water , allow it to
foam.Then mix with the flour mixture.