For everyone , their mom is the inspiration for cooking . Likewise for me it's my mom too. She cooks soo well. Everything she makes is perfect from Starters to Desserts . Even now she loves to try new things and learn new things . She make most awesome Fish Curry and Chicken Curry . Probably i cannot come that close to the fish curry she makes but I make a decent curry . I have adopted her fish curry and made shrimp curry.
Shrimps - 500 Gms
Chili powder - Grounded at home - 1 1/2 TSPN
Pepper Powder - 1/4 TSPN
Coriander Powder - 1/2 TSPN
Onions - 1 Medium Sliced
Ginger , Garlic paste - 2 TBLSP
Tomato - 1/2 chopped
Coconut Milk - 1/4 Cup (Thick)
Mustard Seed - 1/2 TSPN
Fennel Seeds - 1/4 TSPN
Urud Dhal - 1/2 TSPN
Fenugreek Seeds - 1/4 TSPN
1. Clean and devain the shrimp.
2. In a pan heat the oil , add Mustard seeds and allow it to splutter. Once it splutters add Urud dhal , Fennel seeds and Fenugreek seeds.
3.Once it is golden brown add the sliced onions and add little salt .( It allows the onions to cook faster).
4.When the onions are cooked add Ginger - Garlic paste.
5. Cook till the the ginger garlic paste sticks to the pan .( This is when the raw smell leaves)
6. Now add chopped tomato . Cook well till the oil gets separated.
7. Add Turmeric Powder ,Coriander powder , Chili powder , Pepper Powder .
8. Sprinkle some water and cook till the raw smell goes.
9. When the water is dried off , add 1 cup of water and allow it to boil , then add the coconut milk.
10. Reduce the flame and cook till the gravy becomes little thick.
11. Once the gravy is thick add shrimp close it with the lid and cook for 3-4 minutes and off the flame. Allow it as it is with the lid.
1. Shrimps get cooked so fast , so do not cook more than 3-4 minutes , or it might turn hard and rubbery. ( This is how my mom cooks) .
2. I love to eat the prawns with the shell , if you are not comfortable , you clean it .
3. Adjust the Spice , Salt and the water level according to your taste and the consistency you want.
linking it to Foodelicious , Taste of Tropics , Chef Mireille ,Spot Light , Show Your best Creation