Isn't these little donuts looking cute ? They taste good aswel . These donuts brought back my childhood memories. Every year , even now there will be a three day Indo - Srilankan Carnival / Fair happening near my house in convention center . So we used to go as a family . At the entrace there will be a donuts stall . Freshly fried mini donuts with simply dusted sugar on it . Ohhh yummm. There will be always a big line waiting to buy these donuts. We never miss to buy these donuts anyways.. They were soft , crispy and tastes soooo good.
This month's challenge at Eggless Baking Group was suggested by Jayanthi from Sizzlingveggies . Jayanthi had suggested Donuts. It was quite challenging to make these Eggless Donuts. But it was fun to make . I wanted to make the replica of the Carnival Donuts , so i just fried the Donuts and sprinkled the sugar on it . Later removed the excess sugar .
I searched so many recipes online , but was not satisfied with any , then came up with my own. Initatally i thought of baking the donuts and then i fried them . I baked few donuts too and couldn't take a pictures of baked donuts.
APF - 2 Cups + little more for dusting
Instant Yeast - 1 TSPN
Milk - 1/2 Cup ( Warm milk or Room Temperature)
Sugar - 3 TBLSP
Vanilla Essence - 1/2 TSPN
Salted Butter - 2 TBLSP
Mashed Banana - 2 TBLSP
Oil- To fry
Sugar - To sprinkle
1. In a large bowl mix all the dry ingredients together with 2 TBLSP of butter.
2. Now add Milk , Mashed Banana and Vanilla Essence.
3. Using a dough hook knead everything together aproximately for 7-8 minutes. It helps for a fluffy and soft donuts.
4. Place the dough in a clean bowl , close it with a wet and clean towel . Allow it to raise for an hour.
5. Once the dough is doubled , Punch it and release the air.
6. Roll out the dough , Cut it using a round cookie cutter.
7. Arrange these Donuts on a greaced baking tray.
8. Allow it to rest for another hour by covering it with a wet towel.
9. Heat the oil in a pan , once the oil is hot drop these donuts and fry them.
10. Once these dounts are golden brown , remove it from the oil , drain the oil and place it on top of the paper towel.
11. Put some sugar in a clean box and place these warm donuts .
12. Give it a good shake .
They are ready to eat . Donuts should be eaten little warmer .
The same dough can be used for the Baked Donuts too !!!! I did bake ,but before clicking a picture baked donuts were over .
Linking the post to Shruti's Sweet Celebration