Sunday, August 18, 2013

Homemade Egg Replacer


Isn't it wonderful to do your own egg replacer ? You could save some dollars in here. I had done some research online finding homemade egg replacer and found one in the Internet , I had made some quantity changes in it .


 
I am not a big fan of egg replacers  and no body at home has any allergies but I had to use egg replacer for a recipe ,so I thought let me buy one . When I went to the store I didn't find it there. That's the point I thought I'll make it from scratch .
 



The egg replacer has Potato Starch , Tapioca Starch , Baking powder , Baking Soda in it . When I went to the Asian market I bought some tapioca's and Potatoes.   I made both the starches from scratch at home . It took some time making them and drying the starches. ( You could buy the starches from store ) But I preferred making them :) .
 
Il make a another post on how to make tapioca starch and potato starch.

 
 
Recipe for the Homemade Egg Replacer:
 



Method :

  • Mix all the ingredients together .
  • Once it is combined well store it in the air tight container.


 
Notes:

  • For 1 egg , use 1 rounded 1/2 TBL egg replacer powder and 2 TBL water.

  • For egg yolks , use 1 rounded 1/2 TBL egg replacer powder with 1 TBL water.

  • What ever you are making with the egg replacer should go into the oven as soon as it has been mixed . The longer you wait it loses its effectiveness.

  • Tapioca starch can be substituted with cornstarch or arrowroot starch .
 
 
 

6 comments:

  1. very very useful post dear :) will try to get the ingredients soon and give it a try :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic egg replacer, thanks for sharing..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi thanks for sharing egg replacer recipe as in Nigeria we don't get Ener G. Had one query can I substitute potato powder with potato starch as mentioned in your recipe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Briju potato powder and potato starch are two different things . I am yet to post home made potato starch recipe .You can find them in any asian chinese stores / korean markets .Hope that helps .you can check this http://www.foodallergyqueen.com/2009/04/potato-starch-vs-potato-flour.html?m=1 ..

      Delete
  4. Wow.. This is a very useful post ... :) Egg replacer made at home! :) Glad to be at your place and very happy to follow you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like this food.. I am a foodies so, search many things on net I found two more links are awesome 1st is Ahmedabad Best Restaurants
    and 2nd is Find best dishes at restaurants in Ahmedabad, you can also upload your recipe here..

    Hope you like it...

    ReplyDelete