Isn't it wonderful to do your own egg replacer ? You could save some dollars in here. I had done some research online finding homemade egg replacer and found one in the Internet , I had made some quantity changes in it .
I am not a big fan of egg replacers and no body at home has any allergies but I had to use egg replacer for a recipe ,so I thought let me buy one . When I went to the store I didn't find it there. That's the point I thought I'll make it from scratch .
The egg replacer has Potato Starch , Tapioca Starch , Baking powder , Baking Soda in it . When I went to the Asian market I bought some tapioca's and Potatoes. I made both the starches from scratch at home . It took some time making them and drying the starches. ( You could buy the starches from store ) But I preferred making them :) .
Il make a another post on how to make tapioca starch and potato starch.
Recipe for the Homemade Egg Replacer:
- Mix all the ingredients together .
- Once it is combined well store it in the air tight container.
- For 1 egg , use 1 rounded 1/2 TBL egg replacer powder and 2 TBL water.
- For egg yolks , use 1 rounded 1/2 TBL egg replacer powder with 1 TBL water.
- What ever you are making with the egg replacer should go into the oven as soon as it has been mixed . The longer you wait it loses its effectiveness.
- Tapioca starch can be substituted with cornstarch or arrowroot starch .