I love going to the Chinese Market on weekends because i can taste hell a lots of free food samples :P . I know i am such a foodie. Why i love to taste samples because , i come home and try them when i am free.Last week when i went were there i happened to taste Fried Tofu , they were delicious .
Though i am not a big fan of Tofu , I thought i should try it . The Tofu i ate in the Chinese Market was totally different , it was just dipped in the Batter and fried. So i took that idea and made my own version of Pan Fried Tofu .( Health Conscious :) )
Hard Tofu - Sliced into square
Cornflour - 3 TBLSP
APF - 1/2 Cup
Corn Flakes - 1/2 - 1 Cup ( Crushed by hand)
Salt - To taste
Pepper - 1 TSPN
Chili Flakes - 1 TSPN
Fresh Coriander Leaves - Chopped ( only the leaves 2 TSPN)
Water - To make the batter
Oil- to fry
I had made it as an even Snack . It was so stomach filling . The best part of making this is , tofu need not be marinated . Just dip in the batter , roll it in the corn flakes and fry them . They are done .
- Slice Tofu into Medium Thin Squares .( Or the shape you want).
- Combine APF , Corn Flour , Pepper , Salt , Chili Flakes , Chopped Coriander Leaves .
- Add water little at a time and make a Medium Thick Batter.
- In another plate crush the cornflakes and leav it aside.
- In a Non-Stick Pan Add some oil . Allow it to heat .
- Once the oil is hot and ready , Dip the Tofu in the batter and then in the crushed cornflakes and fry it in the oil.
- Fry it till it is golden brown.
- When it is done , keep it in the Paper towel to make sure excess oil will be absorbed.
- Continue with rest of the Tofu.
For the Dip:
- Soy Sauce - 1/4 Cup
- Vinegar - 1 TSPN ( I used Apple Cidar Vinegar )
- Chili Sauce - To the Spice level
- Sesame Seeds - 1 TSPN
- Scallions - Chopped - 1 ( Finely Chopped)
- Red Chili Flakes - 1/2 TSPN
- Combine all the ingredients mentioned .
Note for the dip :
Dip is tastier when made fresh .
Good to keep in the fridge for 2 -3 days.
Linking the event to Cutchikitchen , Cook with white at Merrytummy