Banana Cake with Cream Cheese is one of my favorite cakes, so for my second wedding anniversary i had planned to bake this cake . I have a usual recipe for the banana cake that is with eggs, but i wanted this cake to be egg less because one of my friend who doesn't eat eggs was visiting us for our anniversary.
I did search in Google for a egg less version of the cake , but i couldn't find one . So i created my own and the cake was super moist , spongy and particularly tasty.
For the Cake:
APF - 8 oz
Baking Powder : 2TSP
Baking Soda : 1 TSP
Salted Butter : 1 stick ( Room Temptreture)
Sweetened Condensed Milk - 1/2 Tin
Ripped Banana - 1 Large ( Mash well)
Vanilla Extract - 2 TSP
Milk - 3/4 Cup to 1 Cup
Yogurt - 4 TBLS
For the Frosting :
Salted Butter - 3/4 Cup
Cream Cheese - 8oz
Powdered Sugar - 1 3/4 LB
Vanilla Extract - 1/2 TBSP
Fresh Cream - 1- 2 TBSP
Chocolate chips - For decoration
To make the Cake:
- Grease and a line a 8'' round cake pan with the parchment paper.
- Preheat the Oven at 350 F.
- In a large bowl combine APF , Baking Powder , Baking Soda and sieve the mixture to make sure there is no lumps and its all mixed well.
- Mash the banana and keep it aside.
- In another bowl combine Butter ( Room Temperature) and Condense milk . Beat them till the mixture is combined well ( Do not over beat ) .
- Now add the yogurt and mashed banana , and mix with a spoon till the mixture is well combined.
- Pour in 1/2 a cup of milk and beat for 1/2 a minute .
- Now add the flour beat for a minute and pour in rest of the milk and beat again for another minute make sure there is no lumps in the batter.
- Pour the batter in the cake tin and bake it for 45 minutes.
- Never over beat the batter it makes the cake hard and stiff.
- I added only half a tin of Condense milk because banana has sugar in it and I was sandwiching my cake with cream cheese . It might over sweet the cake.
To make the Cream Cheese Frosting :
- Combine butter and cream cheese in a bowl.
- Beat it till everything gets mixed and fluffy.
- Then add powdered sugar and beat again.
- Lastly add the Vanilla Extract and Fresh Cream , beat them again till the frosting gets fluffy .
- Sieve the powdered sugar before adding.
- Do not over beat the frosting , cream cheese tend to curdle .
Frost the cake as you wish.
See how fluffy and moist my cake is .
Linking my post to Cakes Mela