Quiche is a part of french cuisine. It is an open faced pastry crust with a savory filling in it . The filling could be eggs, cheese , meat , seafood, spinach or any kind of vegetables. It could be either served hot or cold.
This month's challenge on IFC was French Cuisine ( Alsace Lorraine ). As usual 3 recipes were suggested we had to choose one and explore it . The recipes were :
- Tarte Flambee.
- Quiche Lorraine / Traditional Quiche
Pie Crust - I used my own recipe
Swiss Cheese - 1/2 Cup ( Shredded )
Chopped Onions - 3 TBLS
Chopped Garlic - 2 TBLS
Eggs - 2 Beaten
Light Cream - 1 Cup
Salt - 1/2 TSP
Sugar - pinch
Fresh grounded pepper - 1 TBLS
Chili Flakes - 1 TBLS
Carrots - 1 Cup ( Chopped )
Green Beans - 1 Cup ( Chopped )
Dried Parsley - 1 TBLS
- Preheat the oven to 425 F.
- Make the pastry shell for a 7 '' * 11" Pan ( That's what i used ).
- Heat some oil in a skillet . Saute chopped onions and garlic till they turn golden brown.
- Then add chopped carrots and Green Beans . Sprinkle some salt and cook till they are done.
- Using a blender combine eggs , cream , salt , pepper , sugar , chillie flakes . Blend really well.
- Sprinkle the Vegetables to the pastry shell.
- Pour the mixture in the Pastry shell.
- Bake the Quiche for 15 minutes in the preheated oven .
- Reduce the heat to 300F and bake for another 30 minutes or till the knife inserted one inch comes out clean.
- Allow the quiche to sit for 10 minutes as it is taken out from the oven
Cut it into wedges and serve.
Linking it to Cooking with white at Merrytummy