Kugelhopf is a light yeasted cake filled with nuts , raisins and candied fruits . It is baked in a special kugelhopf mold . Kugelhopf was one of the choice given by +Shobana Sekar for this month's International Food Challenge. I have already posted the Traditional Quiche which is also one among the three recipes given for this month. I cannot stop trying new recipes if it is a savory challenge.
The recipe suggested was egg less version , as usual i have altered the recipe and made it as a chicken Kugelhopf . The stuffing was simple and easy but it had an awesome flavor to the bread.
For the Dough :
APF - 11/2 Cup
Yeast - 1TSP
Warm Milk - 6 TBLS
Yogurt - 2 TBLS ( Room Temperature)
Butter - 2 1/2 TBLS ( Softened)
Oil - 1TBLS
Sugar - 1 TBLS
Salt - 1/2 TBLS
For the Filling:
Chicken - 1 Quarter ( Minced)
Onions- 1/2 Cup (Chopped )
Garlic - 3 TBLS (Chopped)
Dried Parsley - 1 TBLS
Chilie Flakes - 1 TBLS
Pepper Powder - 1/2 TBLS
Preparing the Dough:
- In a bowl add 1 cup of Flour , salt , yeast ,sugar and the butter.
- Mix the flour with the butter . It does look crumbly .
- Add milk and curd to the flour mixture . Now the dough will look sticky.
- Now add the oil and mix it well .
- Lastly add the 1/2 cup of flour to the dough and knead it for 5 minutes.
- Cover the dough with a damp cloth , keep it in warm place . Allow it to raise double in size.
Preparing the filling:
- In a pan , heat oil , Saute the chopped onions and garlic .
- Once they are golden brown add salt , pepper and chillie flakes .
- Lastly add the minced chicken , Cook till it is done .
- Add little Dried parsley.
- Allow the filling to cool .
Forming the Log:
- Once the dough is raisen , punch the dough and let the air out.
- Roll out the dough to medium thickness and spread the chicken filling over the top of it.
- Now roll them in to form a log.
- Now place the log in the greased pan.
- Allow it to raise for another 30 minutes.
Baking the Kugelhopf:
- Preaheat the oven at 390 F .
- Place the dough in the preheated oven and bake it for 30 minutes.