Mozzarella in Carrozza , It means Fried Mozzarella in a Carriage . Sounds interesting right . Mozzarella is stuffed in bread and deep fried . They are at its best taste when they are served warm. Mozzarella in Carroza was one of the suggested recipe by +Priya Suresh for this month's challenge on International Food Chalenge .
If Bread and cheese available at home and you are looking for a crunchy and cheesy snack , this is for you . Simple to make and they are absolutely delicious.
White Sandwich Bread - 2
Fresh Mozzarella - Thinly sized
All Purpose Flour - 1/4 Cup
Salt - For Taste
Oil - For frying
Butter - 1 Tsp
2 Slices of bread would make 2 sandwiches and 4 bite size Quarters.
- Spread the butter on both the bread slices .
- Top it with mozzarella and close it with the other bread.
- Neatly trim the edges and carefully cut it into 2 or quarters.
- Give it a quick press in the edges . Because we have applied butter the edges will not open.
- Dip the edges of the sandwich in all purpose flour .
- In a bowl mix all purpose flour and water ( Should be beaten egg consistency).
- Dip the edges and sides .
- Heat the oil and fry the sandwiches till golden brown .