After my Apple Picking weekend , i had a list of recipes on my do list . First on the list was Apple Crumble which i had already posted. Next was Apple Tart and Apple Pie , which i will be posting a bit later . Before that i would like to post the recipe for Spiced Apple Soup . The soup was little sweet and spicy with a creamy texture. It was really soothing for the last week's sudden weather change. I am glad that i tried something new.
Apple - 1 Medium
Potato - 1 Medium
Chili Flakes - To your spice level
Salt - to taste
Butter - 2 TBLS
Garlic - 2 Cloves
Fresh Cream - 1 TBLS ( Optional) - i didn't use it .
- Boil the potato , peel the skin and cut it into cubes .
- Peel the skin of apple , de-seed it , slice it and keep them ready.
- In a pan , add 1 1/2 TBLS butter and melt it .
- When the butter is melted add the apples . Once the apples are half cooked add the boiled potatoes .
- Sprinkle some salt and Chili flakes .
- Keep off the heat , let it cool for some time before blending .
- Once the apple mixture is cooled down completely put it in the mixer with water and make it into puree.
- Now Add the puree in the pan and boil it till it turn out to be little thick .
- Pour it in the soup bowl mean while in another pan heat the leftover butter and roast the chopped garlic , when it is done just drizzle it over the soup .
Linking it to Cook up some Soups or bread
Cooking with red @ Merry Tummy