For this month challenge on Home Bakers Challenge was Biscottis . Biscottis are twice baked cookies originated from Prato , Italy . These cookies are oblong shaped almond biscuits , made dry and crunchy through the loaf of dough while still hot and fresh from baking in the oven. Thank you +Priya Suresh for choosing Biscottis for this months challenge , i would have not tried this at all .
For this months challenge as usual we were given 4 biscotti recipes and we had to choose one and make them. 4 suggested recipes were :
- Savoury Caraway Cheddar Biscottis
- Eggless Oats Chocolate Biscottis
- American Style Vanilla Biscottis
- Savory Mediterranean Biscottis
I adopted the Savoury Caraway Cheddar Biscottis recipe and made quite a few changes in it . one was i used mozzarella instead of Cheddar , instead of eggs i used yogurt and for spiciness i added chili flakes and for some flavor i added dried parsley .
It is my first time baking biscottis , though by looks it doesn't look great , but it tasted really good.
All Purpose Flour - 1 Cup + 2 TBLS
Yogurt - 1/4 Cup +
Cheese - 1 Cup
Baking Powder - 1/2 TSP
Salt - 1/4 TSP
Chili Flakes - 1 TSP
Dried Parsley - 1 TSP
Caraway Seeds - 1/2 TSP
Crushed Pepper Corns - 1/4 TSP
- Mix all the dry ingredients together in a bowl .
- To that mixture add the cheese and lastly add the yogurt and form it to a dough.
- In a lightly floured surface knead the dough couple of times.
- Lastly form the dough into log shape .
- Place it into a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Bake it at 350F for 20- 25 minutes until the log is firm.
- Allow it to cool down completely.
- Now cut them into slices.
- Arrange them into the baking sheet and bake them for 15 minutes on each side or till they are golden brown.
- Cool them completely before serving.
Linking it to bake fest