In my previous post i had mentioned that i chose one Kachori and one Sheera for the challenge in International Food Challenge.The second Dish i chose from Rajastani Platter was Moongdal Sheera .Sheera is nothing but Halwa. It was the first time i had made halwa by myself. That too i never thought we could make a delicious halwa out of moongdal. It was super easy to make . Thank you +Manjula Bharath , +Shobana Sekar and +Saraswathi Tharagaram for the delicious recipe.
Moongdal - 1/4 Cup
Ghee - 3 TBLS
Sugar - 1/4 Cup
Condensemilk - to the sugar level.
Nuts of your choice.
- Wash the Moongdal and soak it for 2-3 hours.
- Drain the water and grind the dal without water.
- Heat the ghee and add the ground dal and roast in a low flame till it turns brown .
- Keep stirring it , otherwise it tends to stick to the bottom of the pan.
- When it turned brown add the sugar and mix well till the halwa leaves the side of the pan.
- Lastly add the condense milk and mix really well till it leaves ghee.
- Garnish and Serve them warm with nuts of your choice.