As the host for this month's challenge in International Food Challenge , I had chosen few Andalusian Cuisines to explore . Before exploring the cuisine , lets see about the country.
Andalusia is one of the most populous and second largest autonomous communities in Spain , stretching south from sunny cities Cordoba and Seville all the way to Atlantic ocean and the Mediterranean sea . The name “Andalusia” was derived from the Arabic word “ Al- Andalus”. Andalusia boasts many delicious foods offering travelers a chance to stimulate their palettes while exploring.
I am not getting too much into exploring the country, so let’s explore their cuisine. I had chosen four interesting, yet super simple recipes.
1. Andalusian Stuffed Tomatoes.
2. Andalusian Courgette Tortillas.
3. Andalusian Gazpacho.
4. Polvorones .
Tomatoes – 6
Bread Crumbs – 100 gms
Parsley – 3 TBLS (Optional )
Butter – 2 TBLS
Onion – 1
Grated Cheese – I used mozzarella & Parmesan
Thyme (Optional )
1. Cut the tomatoes into half, Scoop out the seeds and juice (Save it for the stuffing).
2. Combine breadcrumbs, Parsley, salt, pepper along with the saved tomato seeds and juice.
3. Pre heat the oven at 300F.
4. In a saucepan, melt the butter, sauté the onions till they become soft.
5. Add the breadcrumbs mixture to the sautéed onions and mix . Keep off the heat add some cheese and mix it.
6. Spoon the filling to the tomatoes. Top it with some more cheese and bake it for 15 minutes.
7. Serve it warm.
Thank you +Saraswathi Tharagaram and +Shobana Sekar for giving the opportunity to host the challenge .
linking it to these linky parties
Monday - Mix it up Monday, The Scoop, Made with love Monday, Marvelous Mondays @ This Gal Cooks , Inspire me monday , Make the scene monday , Inspiration Monday ,cooking for seven dwarfs , Much Ado about monday , Craft - o-Maniac monday , Made by you monday
Tuesday - Totally Tasty Tuesday @ Mandy's Recipe Box, , Show Me What You Got @ Our Delightful Home , Tasty Tuesday @ Anyonita Nibbles, Tuesday's Table @ Love in the Kitchen, Handmade tuesday , In and Out of kitchen
Wednesday -Buns in the oven , Lady behind the curtain , Wined down wednesday, Wonderful food wednesday ,Show and share wednesday , The wednesday roundup , Weekend Retreat , Delish Dessert Party