Yeeeehhhh We are travelling Ireland this month . I am so excited to to learn about new country and their culture and traditional food behavior . When i got to know that we are going to travel ireland next , i started my research and got to know few of their traditional foods.
These were few authentic Irish Food which grabbed my attention ; irish Soda Bread , Irish Colcannon , Irish Coffee , Steak and Guinness pie , Irish Lamb Stew , Irish Lamb Pot Pie (Shepherd's Pie), Guinness Cake , Mush Peas , Irish Apple Cake , Irish Potato and Leek Soup and Irish Potato Candy .
Pot Pie is one of my anytime favorites . You will be filled with one bowl . Normally the Pot Pie i make , I use Pie Crust to cover the filling , the Irish Lamb Pot Pie grabbed my attention because the filling was covered with mashed potatoes and baked till the potatoes are golden brown in color. One good thing about Pot Pies are you can add any vegetables with the meat .
For Filling :
Chopped Onions - 1/4 Cup
Chopped Garlic - 5 Pods
Diced Carrots - 1 /2 Cup
Broccoli - 1/2 Cup
Beans - 1/2 Cup
Green Peas - 1/4 Cup
Grounded Lamb - 1/2 Cup
Freshly grounded Pepper
Chili Powder -( optional )
Olive Oil - to Saute
Butter - 1 TBSP
Water / Stock
Flour - 2 TBSP
Thyme - Optional
For Topping :
Medium Sized Potatoes - 2 Boiled and Mashed
Butter - 2 TBLS
Cream Cheese - 1/4 Cup ( Optional )
- Heat the olive oil and butter in pan . When the oil is hot ,saute onions , Garlic and thyme till they are golden brown.
- Add the minced Lamb , sprinkle with salt and pepper . Cook the lamb till it changes color .
- Then add all the chopped Vegetables , sprinkle with salt , pepper and chili powder .
- Pour in some stock or water close it with the lid and cook till the vegetables are done .
- Meanwhile Boil and mash the potatoes . Add some salt , Butter and Cream Cheese and mix well till everything is combined well. Keep That aside.
- When the vegetables and lamb is fully cooked sprinkle 2 TBSP flour.
- Keep stirring it or it might form lumps. When the Filling gets thicker turn off the heat .
- Divide the filling into 2 Serving bowls .
- Meanwhile Preheat the oven at 400F . Fill the mashed potatoes into a piping bag with the nozzle attached .
- Pipe the mashed potatoes on top of each serving bowl .
- Bake it for 20 minutes . Serve it warm .
Linking it to these linky parties :
Friday - Freedom Friday , foodie friday , pin junki , foodtastic friday , weekend wonders , friday food frenzy , weekend potluck , play party pin , Anthing goes linky @ Bacon time
Do visit all the co-host by clicking their photos
Next month we are going to travel UK- Join us and travel the world with us !!!!