Like Biriyani's in India , This is a Common Rice Variety made in Sri Lanka.
For most Parties / Get together and Weddings this rice is made.
Yellow rice is made using Coconut Milk . It gives a unique flavor , Fragrant and taste to the rice.
Basmathi Rice- 1 Cup
Water - 1 Cup
Thin Coconut Milk - 1 Cup
Cinnamon Sticks - 2 Broken into Small Pieces
Bay Leaves - 2
Cloves - 2
Cardamoms - 2
Pepper Corns - 1/2 TSPN
Garlic Cloves - 3 to 4 Chopped
Onions- 1/2 Medium Chopped
Butter/ Ghee - 2 TBLSP
Turmeric Powder - 1/4 TSPN
1. Wash and soak the Basmathi Rice in water.
2. Heat the ghee , add Cloves , Cardamoms, Bay Leaves ,Pepper Corns and Cinnamon Sticks till it turns brown
3. Add Chopped Onions , Garlic and Salt and cook well till it turns brown.
4. Then add Water , Coconut Milk and Basmathi Rice to the Onion garlic mixture and cook till the rice is fully cooked .
- I do not Pressure Cook this , I am a little scared of the rice sticking to the cooker beacause of the Coconut milk.
- I cooked it in Medium Flame .
- If you feel the rice needs more water , you can add 1/2 cup each time.
- I actually needed 1/2 to 1 Cup of extra water