Paal Sodhi is a Sri Lankan Dish . It is nothing but a Watery Consistency Gravy made with Coconut Milk / Milk . The Gravy can plain with Onions /Potatoes / Boiled Eggs. It goes really well with Rice , Pittu and String Hoppers.
Milk - 2 Cups or
Thick Coconut Milk - 1/2 Cup and Thin Coconut Milk - 1 1/2 Cup
Medium Onion - 1 sliced
Potato - 1 Cubed
Tomato - 1 Chopped
Garlic - 3 Gloves
Green Chilly - 1 Sliced
Red Chilly Flakes - 1/2 TSPN or to Taste
Salt - To Taste
Turmeric powder- 1/4 TSPN
Mustard Seeds - 1/4 TSPN
Cumin Seeds - 1/4 TSPN
Fenugreek Seeds - 1/4 TSPN
Curry Leaves - 1 String
Lime Juice - 1 TSPN
1. Boil the Potatoes and cut them into cubes.
2. Extract the thick Coconut milk and thin milk and keep aside.
3. Slice the Onions , Green Chilly and Chop tomato and keep aside.
4. In a pan heat the oil , add mustard seeds and allow it to splutter.
5. Then add Cumin seeds . Allow it to turn Brown . Then add Fenugreek Seeds .
6. Now add Curry leaves , Chopped Green Chilly , Onions and garlic , allow it to cook.
7. Then add Chopped Tomato and cook.
8. Once the Tomato is cooked add Turmeric powder , Salt and Red Chilly Flakes .
9. Now add the boiled Potato and mix well with the onion mixture.
10. Add the Coconut Milk and allow it to boil till it becomes little thick.
11. Once its cooked , allow it to cool .Then add the Lime Juice.
- Make sure the Sodhi is cool before adding Lime juice or it might Curdle
- Adding Red Chilly Flakes is optional
linking it to Virunthu Unna Vaanga , Aathidhyam