It is a Simple ,Delicious and Herbed Pulav .
Basmathi Rice - 1 Cup
Onions- 1/4 Cup Chopped /Sliced
Garlic - 4 to 5 Cloves
Spring Onions - 2 sticks - Chopped
Parsley - 2 to 3 TBLSP Chopped fine.
Bay Leaves - 2
Cloves - 2
Cardamom - 2
Cinnamon Sticks - 2 Medium Pieces
Dry Red Chilly - 1
Ghee / Clarified Butter - 2 TBLSP
Salt - To Taste
Green Chilly - 1 Sliced
Cashews - 4 to 5 Cut it into two.
1. Cook Basmathi Rice adding Water , Salt and a TSPN of ghee/Oil in it.( Avoids Sticking to each other)
2. Once the rice is closely to done , turn off the heat and strain the water ( I do it the traditional way - straining with the lid), Close it with the same lid and keep it back in the same stove ( Obvious the stove is off ).
3. Allow it to cool.
4. After the rice is cooled down , In a big Non Stick pan heat the Ghee .
5. Once the ghee is hot add Bay leaves , Cloves , Cardamom and Cinnamon Sticks and Cashews.
6. When the Cashews turns Golden Brown Add Chopped Green Chilly and Red Chilly saute for a minute.
7. Now add Chopped onions and Garlic , allow them to cook till they are golden brown .
8. If they are done , Add chopped Parsley and cook till the raw smell goes , then add spring onions ,give it a quick mix ( They get cooked in no time) , remove from heat.
9 . Now add the rice in the Non Stick Pan and mix .( Do not over mix , It will break the Rice)
Serve it with the Curry and enjoy the Meal.
- For 1 cup of rice I add 2 Cups of Water.
- I do not use pressure cooker for making rice , i always do the tradional way of straining the starch.
- Why i keep the strained rice in the same stove is , The rice is strained before it is fully cooked and when we keep it in the same stove , the stove will have a minimal heat , it helps the rice to cook.
- Make sure to cover it with the lid after straining the starch.