This is a pure Vegetarian Dish , But in the Photo's it looks like i have added Scrambled Eggs. They are Scrambled Tofu . Secret behind this is we both are not good fans of Tofu. I dont like the texture of it.I buy tofu to add in my baking . But When i have nothing to bake , I got to do something like this .
Rice - 1 Cup ( I used Basmathi )
Tofu - 1/2 Cup
Chili flakes - To Taste
Spring Onions - 1/4 Cup Chopped
Leeks - 1/4 Cup Chopped
Onions - 1/4 Cup Chopped
Garlic Cloves - 3
Salt - To Taste
Sliced Almonds - Just Few ( Optional)
Soy Sauce -( Optional ) I did not use
1. Cook the Basmathi rice , Drain the water , Allow it to cool .
2. Scrambled the Tofu along with Little salt and Chili flakes. ( Same as we do the eggs , i scrambled it till the tofu beacme little harder as i do not like the soft texture).
3. Add the Scrambled Tofu to the rice.
4. In the pan Saute Onions and garlic till it turns brown.( Add Salt to taste at this stage and cook )
5. Then add chopped Spring Onions and Leeks. ( It just takes couple of minutes).
6. Lastly add Sliced Almonds.
7. Now add the spring Onion mixture to rice and mix .