For Mothers Day , I had made Vanilla Cupcakes and Coffee Cupcakes as my mom always do.
In my previous post ,I had mentioned how my brother and myself used to fight for the Cake Batter . But when my mom bakes these cakes we do not even care to go into the kitchen the reason behind this when we were small we both didn't like the flavor of coffee .
One thing in Coffee Cake is that the batter tastes too much coffee and after it is baked it Delicious .It tastes good even to eat it plain. But they are frosted with Chocolate Butter cream they are Divine .
My mom bakes in a large quantity , but it gets over within a day or two . But i bake it in a small quantity because it is only two of us.
APF - 150 gms
Sugar - 150 gms
Butter - 150 gms
Eggs - 3 Medium Sized Eggs
Instant Coffee- 1 TBLSP
Milk - 1/2 Cup
Salt - Pinch
Vanilla Essence- 2 TSPN
Hot water - 3 TBLSP
Pre heat the oven @ 350F .
Align the muffin pans with Cupcake liners.
1. Mix the coffee with 3 TBLSP hot water and dilute it , strain it to make sure there is no lumps and keep aside .
2. Seive APF , Baking Powder and Salt to make sure there is no lumps.
3.Beat butter and sugar till it is creamy and fluffy probably 7 to 10 minutes.
4. Now add eggs one by one at a time and beat well. Add Vanilla Essence and mix well.
5. Add APF give it a quick mix with the beater probably 30 seconds and fold here on wards.
6. Add milk and the coffee mixture and fold to make sure everything is combined well.
7. Fill the liners with 2/3rd Batter.
8. Bake it for 18 to 20 Minutes . Keep an eye from 15th Minute.
9.Remove the cupcakes from the oven and allow it to cool in the cooling rack.
- Always Pre-heat the oven before baking anything.
- Always make sure the ingredients are in room temperature ( Butter , Eggs , Milk )
- Always weigh the ingredients from Butter , Sugar , Flour and Eggs.
- Always dilute the coffee with water and mix it in the batter if not ,coffee will not get mixed in the cake and you will be able to see coffee granules on the cake .
- Do not over beat the cake batter , as it might give a hard Textured cakes.
- Allow the cupcakes to cool in cooling racks and not on cake pans , as cakes might dry out.
- Cool the cake completely before Frosting it.
- Store the cake in a air tight container only after it is completely cool.
- Plain butter cakes can be stored for three to four days in air tight containers and frosted cakes can be stored for day in room temperature.
Chocolate Buttercream Frosting:
Butter - 100gms
Icing Sugar - 150 gms
Cocoa Powder - 2 TBLSP
Vanilla Essence - 1 TSPN
Fresh Cream / Milk - 3 TBLSP
Almonds - 10 Coarsely Grounded
1. Sieve the Icing Sugar and Cocoa powder to avoid lumps.
2. Beat the butter till it is soft and fluffy .
3. Then add icing sugar and beat it till it is combined.
4. Add Vanilla Essence and beat .
5. Lastly add a TBLSP of fresh cream and beat till it is fluffy.
6. Mix the Almonds with the buttercream
7.Frost the cupcakes to the design you want.
Linking this to Shruti's sweet celebration