I made these simple Cupcakes for the Mothers day . When i was making those i was remembering my childhood days when my mom makes the cake i sit and quietly look what she is doing ( Not that was observing how she was making , to eat the batter which were on the beaters and the vessels at last ). Believe me the Cake Batter tastes really good than the actual cake.
When my mom makes the cake there will be a big fight at home that day between me and my brother . We used to fight for the batter .Then my mom divides and give me the beaters and spatula and my brother gets the vessels.
Here i am going to show how my mom makes the cake . ( It is quite different , But it gives a soft and spongy texture) .
APF - 150 gms
Sugar - 150 gms
Butter - 150 gms
Eggs - 3 Medium Sized
Baking Powder - 1/2 TSPN
Vanilla Essence - 2 TSPN
Milk - 1/2 Cup.
Pre heat the oven at 350 F
Align the Muffin Pan with Cupcake liners.
1. Separate the Yolks from Egg Whites .
2. Beat the Egg Whites till the soft peeks. Keep that aside.
3. Sieve APF , Baking Powder and Salt thrice to make sure there is no lumps.
4. Now beat the Butter and Sugar , till it becomes creamier in texture and the sugar is dissolved probably 7 - 10 minutes .
5. Then add the yolks and the vanilla essence and beat for couple of minutes .
6. Now add flour and milk alternatively and give it a quick mix with the beater Probably for 30 Seconds.
7. Lastly add the Egg Whites and fold well make sure there are no lumps.
8. Fill the Liners with 2/3 of batter .
9. Bake it for 18 - 20 minutes . Keep checking it from 15th minutes.
10. Remove the cupcakes from the oven and allow it to cool in the cooling rack.
- Always Pre-heat the oven before baking anything.
- Always make sure the ingredients are in room temperature ( Butter , Eggs , Milk )
- Always weigh the ingredients from Butter , Sugar , Flour and Eggs.
- Do not over beat the cake batter , as it might give a hard Textured cakes.
- Allow the cupcakes to cool in cooling racks and not on cake pans , as cakes might dry out.
- Cool the cake completely before Frosting it.
- Store the cake in a air tight container only after it is completely cool.
- Plain butter cakes can be stored for three to four days in air tight containers and frosted cakes can be stored for day in room temperature.
Butter Cream Frosting:
Butter - 100gms
Icing Sugar - 150 gms
Vanilla Essence - 1 TSPN
Fresh Cream / Milk - 1 TBLSP
1. Sieve the Icing Sugar to avoid lumps.
2. Beat the butter till it is soft and fluffy .
3. Then add icing sugar and beat it till it is combined.
4. Add Vanilla Essence and beat .
5. Lastly add a TBLSP of fresh cream and beat till it is fluffy.
6. Frost the cupcakes to the design you want.
Linking it to Shruti's Sweet Celebration