Muskmelon is also called Cantaloupe Melons which is high in Vitamin A and Potassium . They are one of the best thirst quenchers like watermelon and honeydew's during summer. I am not a big fan of it because it has a different fragrance which gives me a headache.
So i wanted to make something else other than fresh juice , so i decided to Make Muskmelon Kheer where the fragrance will not dominate the dessert.
Muskmelon - Puree 2 cups
Milk - 1 1/2 Cups
Ghee- 1 - 2 TBLSP
Almonds - 1/4 Cup Chopped and fried in Ghee
Sugar - 6 TBLSP (According to your sugar level)
Salt - A Pinch
Cooked Rice - 1 Cup Mashed Coarsely
Cardamom - 3 Crushed
1. Boil the milk along with Crushed Cardamom's . Once it is done add the Muskmelon Puree and cook for couple of minutes till the raw smell goes.
2. Now add Cooked rice. Allow it for couple of minutes . Occasionally stir it .
3. Meanwhile in another pan ,heat the ghee and fry the chopped almonds , turn off the heat and keep it aside.
4. Now add Sugar and pinch of salt and stir it. Allow this for couple of minutes.
5. Lastly Pour in the Fried almonds and ghee an stir it well till its combined.
You can add any nuts of your choice.
Adding salt is to enhance the taste of the kheer .
My kheer was little liquidy , if you want a thick Kheer , reduce the amount of milk .
Linking it to Shruti's sweet creation