Spicy Garlic Wheat Focaccia Bread is similar as the other Spicy Garlic focaccia bread i made previously .The only difference in this is ofcourse i made it with Wheat flour and i have given Flavor to the bread by adding Dried Thyme . Adding Thyme is fully Optional.
Wheat Flour - 1 Cup
APF- 1/2 Cup
Olive Oil- 3 TBLSP
Sugar - 1 TSPN
Salt- 3/4 TSPN
Warm Milk - 3/4 CUP
Yeast - 1TSPN
Dried Thyme - 1 TSPN (optional )
For Topping :
Garlic Cloves - 5 to 6 Well chopped
Dried Chili - 2 well chopped
Asafetida - 1/4 TSPN
Salt- 1/2 TSPN
Olive oil - 4 TBLSP
Instructions for the Spicy Garlic Topping:
1. In a pan , heat 4 TBLSP Olive oil.
2. Once the oil is hot add chopped Garlic , allow it to cook .
3. Then add Dry red chillie flakes , salt and Asafetida.
4. Once the Garlic turns brown in color ,Turn off the heat and keep the topping aside.
Make the topping before making the dough , so that the flavors of garlic , salt and chillie gets infused with the oil.
Instructions for the Dough:
1. In big bowl add Wheat Flour ,APF , Sugar , Salt , Yeast , 1 TBLSP Oil and mix with a folk.
2. Once after combining everything add warm milk and with the use of dough hook start kneading the dough.
3. Add the other 1 TBLSP olive oil and knead it again for four to five minutes.
4.Then Place the dough in the counter and knead it with hands by added last TBLSP of Olive oil till the dough is soft .
5. In a 8'' clean Nonstick grease proof pan spread the dough / or make it into balls ( as i did) and allow it to rest for couple of hours ( I rested it for three hours).
6. Cover the dough with a wet clean cloth ad keep it in a warm place.
7. Allow the dough to double in size. ( I allowed it to raise for 3 hours)
Once the dough is raised double in size , using a folk / chopstick /finger , punch in wells in the dough with a equal space . Then pour the flavored oil in each well ( Oil gets absorbed in each hole) Allow it to rest for 10 minutes .(cover with the cloth ). Meanwhile preheat the oven at 350F.
After 10 Minutes Put the dough in the preheated oven and baked it for 25 - 30 minutes.
Transfer it to the wire rack and allow it to cool.
Serve it warm with Olive oil dip
Linking it to Virunthu Unna Vaanga