I am the host for this month's Home bakers Challenge . The theme i chose was "American Food Holidays" for the month of January. I had suggested 6 interesting baked goodies with the dates. Isn't it interesting to celebrate a day for what we bake and it is a great way to enjoy the food as wel .
January 6 - National Shortbread day .
January 16 - National Fig Newton day.
January 21 - National Granola Bar day.
January 22 - National Blonde brownie day .
January 23 - National Pie day .
January 29 - National Corn chip day .
As a host i had planned to bake all the recipes i suggested . I was soo busy the whole month baking so many cakes ( Click here to check my cakes ) and was not regular to update my blog as well . But i will be baking everything as they are in my to-do list .
Now about the suggested recipe Faker Pecan Short bread , i was fascinated when i saw the name of shortbread in Yudhikayumyum's blog . The main reason for choosing this recipe was , as home bakers we will surely have the ingredients in our pantry around the year .
Though the recipe i suggested was little confusing with gms / ml , i am happy to see few fellow bakers coming up with their recipes. So lets get to my version of the Faker Pecan Short Bread.
Thank you +Priya Suresh for letting me host last month .
Bake Timings : 15 - 20 Minutes
Makes - 7 cookies and 2 small cookies
For the short bread :
All Purpose Flour - 1/2 Cup
Corn Flour - 3 TBLS
Icing Sugar - 31/2 TBLS
Butter - 4 TBLS
Pecan ( chopped ) - 1/4 cup
Vanilla Paste - 1/4 TSP
Milk - 11/2 TBLS ( till you a dough )
For the Chocolate Sauce Decoration :
Semi Sweet chocolate chips - 3 TBLS
Milk - 11/2 TBLS
- Pre - heat the oven at 350 F.
- Mix all the dry ingredients together .
- Now add Vanilla paste and butter .Mix it with hands as we do for pie crust .
- Once the butter is mixed really well with the flour mixture add the chopped nuts and milk and mix to form a dough .
- Spread a cling wrap in the counter and place the dough , press it to flatten it . Cover it with another cling wrap and roll it to the thickness you prefer .
- Cut it with a cookie cutter and arrange it in the baking tray .
- Bake it for 15 - 20 minutes .
- Allow it to cool completely , before pouring the chocolate syrup on top on the shortbread.
For chocolate Syrup :
- In a heat proof microwavable bowl , add milk and chocolate chips and microwave it for 15 seconds . Give it a quick mix and microwave it again for another 15 seconds .
- Allow the chocolate mixture to cool completely before pouring on top of the short bread.
- When the chocolate mixture is cooled completely , using a spoon , pour the chocolate on top of the shortbread .
- Serve it .
- If you are going to store it , allow the chocolate to set then store the cookies in a air tight box .
These shortbread are buttery , Crunchy with all the pecans in it. They really melt in the mouth .
Early Valentines Day wishes to everyone . Bake this shortbread for you special someone on valentines day.
Monday - Mix it up Monday, The Scoop, Made with love Monday, Marvelous Mondays @ This Gal Cooks , Inspire me monday , Make the scene monday , Inspiration Monday ,cooking for seven dwarfs , Much Ado about monday , Craft - o-Maniac monday , Made by you monday
Tuesday - Totally Tasty Tuesday @ Mandy's Recipe Box, , Show Me What You Got @ Our Delightful Home , Tasty Tuesday @ Anyonita Nibbles, Tuesday's Table @ Love in the Kitchen, Handmade tuesday
Wednesday -Buns in the oven , Lady behind the curtain , Wined down wednesday, Wonderful food wednesday ,Show and share wednesday , The wednesday roundup , Weekend Retreat