Who said too much of Desserts are bad . Absolutely not . These pomegranate pannacotta are made using freshly made pomegranate juice.
The other day when i went to the market i found these jumbo pomegranates for 1.50$ each which was worth buying . They were blood red inside and with good amount of sweet . So i didn't add much sugar or artificial color in the dessert.
These kinds of desserts are indeed simple , healthy , nutritious .
Pomegranate - 1
Water - 1/4 Cup
Sugar - depending on the sweetness
Gelatin - 1/2 Packet
Heavy Cream - 2 Cup
- Cut , the pomegranate and remove the seeds carefully .
- Put the seeds in the blender and blend it really well , till the seeds are crushed completely. Keep few seeds to garnish .
- Strain it using muslin cloth / or strain it thrice with the strainer. ( Just to make sure there is no tiny pieces of seeds).
- In a bowl mix gelatin and water . Set it aside . Allow gelatin to bloom . It approximately takes 5 minutes.
- Place the cream in a saucepan . Bring it to boil . Add the gelatin mixture and dissolve it .
- Lastly off the stove and ad the pomegranate juice . Check the sugar , add the amount you want . Mix it well to make sure sugar is dissolved completely . ( I did not want to boil the pomegranate juice with the cream , it might spoil the original taste of pomegranate ) .
- Divide and pour it in the ramekins or dessert bowls . Cover it with Cling Wrap .
- Refrigerate it overnight or till it sets .
Are you guys wondering where is the recipe for jelly . This is actually 2 in 1 recipe. If you had noticed the ingredients , i didn't use milk , i just added water . Because of this , it creates Panna Cotta on top and jelly below it . ( I had removed the Panna Cotta from the dessert bowl , so u are seeing it reverse ).
Isn't it cool ??? Anything made fresh always taste delicious .
Monday - Mix it up Monday, The Scoop, Made with love Monday, Marvelous Mondays @ This Gal Cooks , Inspire me monday , Make the scene monday , Inspiration Monday ,cooking for seven dwarfs , Much Ado about monday , Craft - o-Maniac monday , Made by you monday
Tuesday - Totally Tasty Tuesday @ Mandy's Recipe Box, , Show Me What You Got @ Our Delightful Home , Tasty Tuesday @ Anyonita Nibbles, Tuesday's Table @ Love in the Kitchen, Handmade tuesday
Wednesday -Buns in the oven , Lady behind the curtain , Wined down wednesday, Wonderful food wednesday ,Show and share wednesday , The wednesday roundup , Weekend Retreat
Friday - Freedom Friday , foodie friday , pin junki , foodtastic friday , weekend wonders , friday food frenzy , weekend potluck , play party pin