Do you know a interesting thing about Black Eyed Peas ?? . Do you all want to know what it is ?? hmmmm .. Ok... According to U.S Department of Agriculture's food pyramid , black eyed peas falls into both the vegetable group and the "meat and beans group" .. Source - Livestrong .. Meat and Bean group means Black eyed peas can be used as a protein source instead of an animal food. Isn't that interesting .
These black eyed peas can be added to soups , salads ,paired with rice , curries , evening
Snacks , fillings for Samosa's , pasties and it can be added in baking goodies.
Black eyed Peas - . Soaked and boiled ( Use the Drained water in some curries or soups )
Green Chilies - Chopped
- Soak the Black eyed peas for an hour.
- Pressure cook it with salt ( probably 2 whistles) .
- Take hand full of Black eyed peas . Put it in the blender along with Cumin seeds , pepper corns and yogurt . Blend them together .
- It will be a thick paste .
- Now add the paste in a bowl add rest of the Peas, Green Chilies and Coriander Leaves
- Add more yogurt till you get the consistency .
- Lastly adjust the salt level .
Linking it to Mission : Explore food , Cookcookandcook ,Thou shalt cook